Objective: To provide skill training to rural youth in handling solar installations
- It is Union Government’s skill development program.
- Ministry/Department : Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Aims to create skilled manpower in commissioning, installation, O&M of solar power plants and equipment.
- Its primary objective is to provide entrepreneurship and employability opportunities to rural and urban youth & women.
- The scheme is aimed at creating 50,000 trained solar photovoltaic technicians by March 2020.
- Special emphasis is given to skill youth from SC/ST/OBC categories.
- The qualification required to participate in the program is ITI (Electrical & Wireman) / Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics & Mechanical).
- Higher qualified participants such as B.Tech etc are not eligible for this programme.
- The programme is 100% funded by GOI and implemented by National Institute for Solar Energy (NISE) across the country.
- In addition, short term training programmes for small hydro, entrepreneurship development, operation & maintenance of solar energy devices and boiler operations in co-generation plants have been organized.
- National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) is an autonomous institution of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE)).