Source: The post is based on the article “The Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi(PM-DAKSH) Yojana” published in PIB on 4th September 2023
What is the News?
A total of over 1 lakh beneficiaries have been trained under PM-DAKSH since the last three years of its implementation from 2020-21 to 2022-23.
What is Pradhan Mantri Dakshata Aur Kushalata Sampanna Hitgrahi(PM-DAKSH) Yojana?
Launched in: 2020-21
Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E)
Type: Central Sector Scheme
Aim: To enhance competency level of the target groups to make them employable both in self- employment and wage-employment for their socio-economic development.
Target groups under this scheme are: SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Safai Karamcharis including waste pickers etc.
Eligibility: The age criterion for the scheme is between 18-45 years.
– There is no income limit for SCs, SafaiKaramcharis including waste picker and DNT.
– The annual family income should be below Rs.3 lakh for OBCs and for EBCs (Economically Backward Classes), the annual family income should be below Rs.1 lakh.
Skilling Development under the scheme: There are four types of skill development training programmes under PM-DAKSH Yojana viz; (i) Up-skilling/Reskilling, (ii) Short Term Training Programmes, (iii) Long Term Training Programmes and (iv) Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
Benefits for Trainees: The Cost of the training to trainees is free of cost.
– The stipend under this scheme is Rs.1,500/- per month to SCs and Safai Karamcharis and Rs.1,000/- per month to OBCs/EBCs/DNTs for non-residential Short Term and Long Term training courses.
– The wage compensation of Rs.2500/- per candidate is given to SCs/OBCs/EBCs/DNTs candidates for Upskilling/Reskilling programme.
– Wage compensation Rs.500/- per candidate is given to Safai Karamcharis candidates for Upskilling programme.