What is the News?
The Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways launches the “Go Electric” Campaign.
Go Electric Campaign:
- It is a campaign of the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) to promote and spread awareness on electric mobility.
- It will boost the confidence of electric vehicle manufacturers.
- Furthermore, it will spread awareness about the benefits of e-mobility and EV Charging Infrastructure in India.
- Lastly, the Go Electric Campaign will help in reducing the import dependence of our country in the coming years.
- Implementation: BEE will provide technical support to the State Designated Agencies(SDAs) for its implementation on a state and national level.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE):
- It is a statutory body. It was established in 2002 under the Energy Conservation Act, 2001.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Power
- Objective: It assists in developing policies and strategies for reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy.