List of Contents
What is the News?
Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED) launches “Sankalp se Siddhi” – A Village and Digital Connect Drive.
About Sankalp Se Siddhi Initiative:
- The Sankalp Se Siddhi Initiative aims to activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras (VDVKs) in the villages.
Key Features of the Initiative:
- Firstly, under the initiative, 150 teams (10 in each region from TRIFED and State Implementation Agencies/Mentoring Agencies/Partners) will be visiting ten villages each. Thus, it will cover 100 villages in each region and 1500 villages in the country in 100 days.
- Secondly, the visiting teams will identify locations and shortlist potential Van Dhan Vikas Kendras for clustering as TRIFOOD and SFURTI units as larger enterprises.
- Thirdly, the teams will also identify tribal artisans and other groups. It is to empanel them as suppliers so that they can have access to larger markets through the Tribes India network – both physical outlets and TribesIndia.com.
About Van Dhan Yojana:
- Van Dhan Yojana was launched in 2018. It is a programme for value addition, branding & marketing of Minor Forest Produces. For that, Van Dhan Kendras are set up for the creation of sustainable livelihoods for the forest-based tribes.
- Implementation: Ministry of Tribal Affairs as Nodal Department at the Central Level. TRIFED acts as the Nodal Agency at the National Level.
About Trifood Project:
- The Trifood Project is an initiative of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with the Ministry of Food Processing(MoFPI).
- Aim: To enhance the income of tribals through better utilization of and value addition to the collected Minor Forest Produce(MFP).
- Implementation: Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India(TRIFED).
- Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries (SFURTI) is a scheme of the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME).
- Under the initiative, financial support is being provided for setting up traditional industries clusters viz. Khadi, Coir & Village industries clusters.
- The Ministry of Tribal affairs established TRIFED in 1987 under its administrative control
- Aim: It aims to provide a good price to the products made or collected from the forest by the tribal people.