News:The Todas Artisans from the Nilgiris are producing masks with exquisite embroidery for the Health Care workers to fight against Coronavirus pandemic.
- The Todas are the tribal pastoral people who live in the Nilgiri Hills of southern India.
- They speak a Dravidian language but their language has no written form and for the most part is not understood by non-Toda.
- They are included in the list of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG’s).
- The Toda Embroidery is called as pohor.It is made exclusively by their women.
- The embroidery has also got a Geographical Indications (GI) Tag.