News: Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI), 2020 has been released at UNFCC CoP25 in Madrid, Spain
- CCPI is an independent monitoring tool for countries’ climate protection performance. It measures the emissions, renewable energy share and climate policies of 57 countries and the European Union. These countries are collectively responsible for 90% of GHG emissions.
- The index is developed by Germanwatch, New Climate Institute and Climate Action Network (CAN)
Key Takeaways from CCPI 2020
- The USA followed by Saudi Arabia was designated as topmost polluters.
- Sweden is the least polluter followed by Denmark.
- India has been ranked 9th.