List of Contents
What is the News?
UNESCO has selected Gwalior and Orchha cities of Madhya Pradesh under its “Historic Urban Landscape Project”.
About Historic Urban Landscape Project:
- The Historic Urban Landscape Project was adopted in 2011 by UNESCO’s General Conference.
- The project aims for the inclusive and well-planned development of fast-growing historical cities while preserving the culture and heritage.
Gwalior and Orchha Cities under Historic Urban Landscape Project:
- As part of the project, these places will be jointly developed by UNESCO, the Government of India, and Madhya Pradesh.
- The development and management plan of these cities will be prepared by UNESCO.
- All aspects including history, culture, lifestyle, economic development, community development will be included in it.
Note: The six cities of South Asia, including Ajmer and Varanasi in India, are already involved in this project. Orchha and Gwalior have been included as the 7th and 8th cities.