What is the News?
The Union Agriculture Minister along with the Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology has launched Kisan Sarathi App.
Note: The app was launched on the occasion of 93rd Foundation Day of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR).
About Kisan Sarathi App:
- Kisan Sarathi is a digital platform launched in order to facilitate farmers to get ‘right information at right time’ in their desired language.
- The app will facilitate officials to monitor daily activities like farmer registration, live calls, messages, advisories given and pending.
- Moreover, the app is also supposed to let farmers interact with personalised advisors directly from the scientists of Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVKs).
- ICAR is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Mandate: The Council is the apex body for coordinating, guiding and managing research and education in agriculture including horticulture, fisheries and animal sciences in the entire country.
- President: Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president.