News: Union Minister of State for Agriculture has launched Ayushman Sahakar Scheme.
- Nodal Body: The scheme has been formulated by the National Cooperative Development Corporation(NCDC).
- Aim: To extend term loans to prospective cooperatives to the tune of Rs.10,000 Crore for the setting up of healthcare related infrastructure, education and services.
- Eligibility: Any Cooperative Society with suitable provision in its byelaws to undertake healthcare related activities would be able to access the NCDC fund.
- Incentives: The scheme provides interest subvention of 1% to women majority cooperatives.
- NCDC: It is an apex level statutory autonomous institution set up by the Government of India under an Act of the Parliament in 1963.It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.