What is the News?
The Union Education Minister and Tribal Affairs Minister will jointly launch the ‘School Innovation Ambassador Training Program’.
About School Innovation Ambassador Training Program:
- The School Innovation Ambassador Training Program is a one of its kind training program for School Teachers.
- Aim: It aims at training 50,000 school teachers. The training areas will include Innovation, Entrepreneurship, IPR, Design Thinking, Product Development, Idea Generation, and many more.
- This program has been designed by the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education in collaboration with the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Significance of the Program:
- Firstly, the program will help in the skill development of the teachers, which will in turn help in providing a better and innovative education sector in the country.
- Secondly, the program will equip teachers with new developments in the education sector and make them technically equipped as well.
- Innovation cell is an initiative of the Ministry of Education to foster the culture of Innovation in all Higher Education Institutions(HEIs) across the country.
- It has been established at All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) premises.
- Mandate: To encourage and nurture young students by exposing them to new ideas resulting in innovative activities in their formative years, fostered through Network of Innovation Clubs (NIC) in Higher Educational Institutions.