Source: This post is based on the Article “Union Home Minister launches nutritious ‘Laddu Distribution Scheme’ for pregnant women in his Parliamentary constituency Gandhinagar” published in “PIB” on 30th August 2021.
What is the News?
Union Home Minister has launched a nutritious “Laddu Distribution Scheme” for pregnant women in his parliamentary constituency, Gandhinagar.
What is Laddu Distribution Scheme?
- Under the Scheme, around 7,000 pregnant women will be provided 15 nutritious laddus, free of cost every month till the birth of their child through the NGOs.
- This will ensure that there would not be a single mother and child who remains under-nourished.
Other Schemes Mentioned in the Article:
What is Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan?
- Launched by: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare(MoHFW) in 2016.
- Aim: To provide assured, comprehensive and quality antenatal care, free of cost, universally to all pregnant women on the 9th of every month.
- Target Beneficiaries: The programme aims to reach out to all Pregnant Women who are in the 2nd & 3rd Trimesters of pregnancy.