News: Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare has presided over an event to celebrate ‘World Food Day’.
- The event was organized by Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI).
- Theme: Grow, Nourish and Sustain Together.
Initiatives launched during the event:
- Eat Right Creativity Challenge for schools: It is a poster and photography competition that aims to promote healthy dietary habits.
- Eat Smart City’(challenge): It was launched by FSSAI in partnership with Smart City Mission and The Food Foundation,UK.It aims to create an environment of right food practices and habits in India’s smart cities that can be set as an example for other cities to follow.
- Eat Right India Movement: It was launched by FSSAI in 2018.It is a preventive healthcare measure to trigger social and behavioural change among people.
- Aim: To improve public health in India and combat negative nutritional trends to fight lifestyle diseases.
- FSSAI: It is a statutory, autonomous body established under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.It is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.