List of Contents
What is the News?
The Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying launched the Online Course Mobile App “Matsya Setu”.
About Matsya Setu App:
- Matsya Setu is an online course app. It aims to provide the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
- Developed by: The app was developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture (ICAR-CIFA), Bhubaneswar. The National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB), Hyderabad is providing the funding support.
Key Features of Matsya Setu:
- The app has species-wise/ subject-wise self-learning online course modules. Where aquaculture experts explain the basic concepts like breeding, seed production, grow-out culture of commercially important fishes, and also better management practices.
- Moreover, upon successful completion of each course module, an e-Certificate can be auto-generated.
- Further, farmers can also ask their doubts through the app and get specific advisories from experts.
About National Fisheries Development Board(NFDB)
- NFDB is an autonomous organization under the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying.
- It was initially established in 2006 under the administrative control of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Objective: To enhance fish production and productivity in the country and to coordinate fishery development in an integrated and holistic manner.