List of Contents
What is the News?
The Ministry of Culture inaugurated two exhibitions on the occasion of Independence Day.
Which are those two exhibitions?
Katha Kranthi Veeron Ki:
- It is an exhibition of revolutionaries with a dedicated exhibition on Alluri Seetharamaraju and exhibits of paintings of Shaheedi Diwas, Champaran Satyagraha and Jallianwala Bagh.
- It will be organized by Lalit Kala Akademi.
Monuments of Victory & Valour:
- It is an exhibition that will contain photos of resistance and valour across millennia. This will include photos of the:
- Kakaitya Kala Thoranam at Warangal
- Fort of Jhansi Laxmi Bhai that symbolises her valour against the British in the war of independence in 1857 and
- Vijaya Stambh in Chittorgarh that commemorates the victory over the sultanates led by Mahmud Khilji.
- The exhibition will be organized by the National Monuments Authority(NMA).
About National Monuments Authority (NMA):
- National Monuments Authority (NMA) has been set up under the Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India.
- It has been set up as per provisions of The Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains (Amendment and Validation) Act, 2010.
- Functions: To protect and preserve monuments and sites through management of the prohibited and regulated area around the centrally protected monuments.
- One of the important responsibilities of NMA is also to consider grant of permissions to applicants for construction related activity in the prohibited and regulated area.