List of Contents
What is the News?
The Union Power Minister has released a report on Key Regulatory Parameters of Power Utilities.
Report on Key Regulatory Parameters of Power Utilities:
- The report captures key regulatory information of DISCOMs apart from state-owned transmission and generation utilities.
- The report also facilitates meaningful comparison of their performance and brings forth actionable insights for relevant power sector stakeholders including policy makers and regulators.
Schemes Mentioned in the Article:
About Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana(DDUGJY):
- DDUGJY is designed to provide continuous power supply to the entire rural India.
- The erstwhile Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana(RGGVY) scheme was subsumed in the DDUGJY scheme.
- Objectives of the Scheme:
- To provide electrification to all villages
- Feeder separation to ensure sufficient power to farmers and regular supply to other consumers
- Improvement of Sub-transmission and distribution network to improve the quality and reliability of the supply
- Metering to reduce the losses
- Implementing Agency: Rural Electrification Corporation(REC) is the Nodal Agency for implementation of DDUGJY.
- Achievements: Under the DDUGJY scheme, the country has achieved 100% electrification of villages.
About Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA):
- GRIHA is an independent, not-for-profit society jointly setup by The Energy and Resources Institute(TERI) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy(MNRE).
- Purpose: GRIHA is a rating tool that helps people assess the performance of their building against certain nationally acceptable benchmarks.
- It evaluates the environmental performance of a building holistically over its entire life cycle, thereby providing a definitive standard for what constitutes a ‘green building’.