News:Union Minister for Human Resource Development(HRD) has said that the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan has transformed the living conditions in villages.
About Unnat Bharat Abhiyan:
- Launched in 2014 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD).Its upgraded version Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 was launched in 2018.
- Aim:To link the Higher Education Institutions with a set of at least 5 villages so that these institutions can contribute to the economic and social betterment of these village communities using their knowledge base.
- IIT Delhi has been designated to function as the National Coordinating Institute for this programme.
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs) in identifying development issues in rural areas and finding sustainable solutions for the same.
- Identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customisation of technologies, or devise implementation methods for innovative solutions as required by the people.
- To allow HEIs to contribute to devising systems for smooth implementation of various Government programmes.