News:United Nations Office of Drugs and Crimes(UNODC) has launched “Lockdown Learners Series” under the Education for Justice Initiative.
- Lockdown Learner’s Series aims to sensitize students on the issues such as misinformation, cybercrime, gender-based violence, corruption among others.
Education for Justice Initiative:
- Launched by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC) in 2019.
- Aim:To prevent crime and promote a culture of lawfulness through education activities designed for primary, secondary and tertiary levels.
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime(UNODC):
- Established in 1997 through a merger between the United Nations Drug Control Programme and the Centre for International Crime Prevention.
- Aim:To assist Member States in addressing the issues of drugs, crime and terrorism.