This is to inform those of you who are applying for Select Focus Gorup (SFG) Batch 2 about the program.
The program will commence from February 19th ( Monday) in the Offline Mode Only. The Batch 2 will build upon our lessons learnt from SFG 1.
Admissions to the program.
Admission to the program will take place through a merit based open competitive examination to be held on Sunday, February 11.
It is mandatory for all students desirous of participating the the program to register for the Open Test by paying a nominal fee of Rs. 250+ Payment Gateway charges at the link below
- This registration is mandatory for all – including CGP Students, MGP Students, Prelims Test Series Students as well as those candidates who want to appear for an Open Test just to know their rankings
- The Entrance Test will only be available in the OFFLINE Mode. The whole SFG Program is only available in the Offline Mode only.
- The SFG program is NOT a part of CGP program and CGP students desirous of participating in the program must register as well for the entrance Test. However, for those CGP Students who are selected, the monthly fees for the program will be negligible.
- No offline registration will be provided for this entrance test. If you are facing any problems in registering, write to us at email@example.com.
About the program
To more about SFG, you can read the below
- Important UPDATE on Select Focus Group for Prelims 2018
- Some Observations related to SFG Open Test & Warning to Prelims Aspirants
- [ANNOUNCEMENT] SFG Weekly Plan + Some Important Updates about Future SFG Batches
The SFG Program is merit based program where ForumIAS selects 100 students for aiding them in the preparation for Prelims Examination. The goal of the program is to ensure that each and every candidate selected for the SFG clears the Prelims examination with 100% certainty.
The SFG Batch shall have a total of 150 candidates – 100 of them part of SFG and another 50 – who will be considered provisionally for the SFG. Candidates are required to write Tests on a daily basis at the ForumIAS Offline Venue. The number of questions in the Test is around 50 and candidates are given 1 hour to write the Test. Based on the score, a ranklist is generated.
For Candidates who will not be able to make it to the SFG List, we shall maintain a separate Reserve List Group ( RLG ) These candidates will also be allowed to write Test every Monday to Saturday just like the SFG Group.
Shuffling on the basis of weekly Rankings
Based on the ranklist, every week, one -third of the bottom ranking candidates of SFG will be moved out of the SFG and an equal number of candidates from the RLG will be moved into the SFG.
This will ensure that
- Candidates who make it to the SFG in the first week do not become complacent and constantly work hard to keep up their performance.
- Candidates who are in RLG get an opportunity to compete and improve their position and migrate to SFG.
- Candidates who are put in SFG, but are not able to compete in the more competitive SFG are able to compete at least in the the RLG.
The program will go till April, with Revision Tests in May. During the entire 12 week program. You will get 12 opportunities to improve your performance and migrate from RLG.
Fees for the program
The program is conceived to be a free one with the cost of the program to be shared among all participating candidates.
The shared cost for candidates was originally rupees 20-30 per day.
There is differential cost sharing. The Top 100 Rankholders pay Rs. 600 and the remaining pay Rs. 1000 / month for SFG – 1. However , due to the loss of office, the charges may be increased to cover increased rentals.
The fees paid help us cover 20-30 % of the cost of the program as of now.
Fees will not be accepted once for all months and have to paid on a monthly basis ONLY. Candidates who are unable to perform and are not able to perform
Note that currently, we are operating from a makeshift arrangement . This is what we have done.
Taken a huge space. Spray water to cut down the the dust. And make students committed to cracking Prelims write Tests at 7AM in the chilly Delhi winter morning. Every day.
We use halogen bulbs to light up the space. Spray water every day. Arrange Chairs
A few hundred chairs are lined up for a few hundred candidates who will make through Prelims 2018 – most of them , who have never cleared Prelims before. Scroll below to see their commitment.When the world sleeps, they burn it out.
Want to be a part of this success group?
Register for the entrance Test here. Secure your seat for Mains 2018, we promise 🙂
Important Dates :
Last Date to Register : February 9th , 11:59PM
Hall Ticket Download : 2PM, February 10th
Date of Open Test : February 11th from 11 AM. Time and Venue will be mentioned on hall ticket.
Location : http://blog.forumias.com/new