The Union Public Service Commission if the apex recruiting agency of the Union. In this article, we have the list of Board Members of UPSC for Interview for Civil Services Examination, for Indian Forest Service Examination Interview and for CAPF Interview.
Read this article till the end to know what things you need to keep in mind for Civil Services Interview.
Chairman: Prof. (Dr.) Pradeep Kumar Joshi
Date from which holding the post: 07/08/2020(AN
Date of Retirement: 04/04/2022
• Chairman, Chhattisgarh Public Service Commission
• Chairman, Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission.
• Director, National Institute of Educational Planning & Administration (NIEPA)
• Head & Dean, Faculty of Management Studies, Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur (MP)
• He specializes in the field of Financial Management, Financial Control, Management Accounting, Taxation, Rural Development Management, Management in Panchayati Raj Institution & Khadi Gramodyog etc.
Member: Sh. Bhim Sain Bassi* ( Likely to retire before the Interview process )
Date from which holding the post: 31/05/2016(AN)
Date of Retirement: 19/02/2021
• 1977 Batch IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer of AGUMT Cadre
• Deputation to the Intelligence Bureau from 1993 to 1998
• Commissioner of Police, Delhi
• Took a number of steps to enhance the use of digital technology in policing.
Member: Air Marshal A. S. Bhonsle (Retd.)
Date from which holding the post: 21/02/2017 (AN)
Date of Retirement: 14/02/2022
• Commissioned into the Indian Air Force
• Has served in Office of Chief of HQ, Integrated Defence Staff (IDS) and also as Deputy Chief of Joint Operations, Doctrines, Organization & Training
• Has participated in the Sri Lanka Indian Peace Keeping Force Operations, Siachin operations and Kargil operations
• Awarded with Vishishta Seva Medal in 2005 and Ati Vishishta Seva Medal in 2010.
Member: Ms. Sujata Mehta
Date from which holding the post: 21/02/2017 (AN)
Date of Retirement: 29/03/2022
• Joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1980 after earning a Master of Philosophy degree in Political Science.
• Had deputation to the UN in Gaza and in New York
• Was Permanent Representative to the Conference on Disarmament in Geneva
Member: Dr. Manoj Soni
Date from which holding the post: 28/06/2017 (FN)
Date of Retirement: 27/06/2023
- A scholar of Political Science with specialisation in International Relations Studies
- Received awards for his exemplary leadership in empowering disadvantaged section of society with IT literacy.
Member: Ms. Smita Nagaraj
Date from which holding the post: 01/12/2017 (FN)
Date of Retirement: 21/09/2023
- Joined the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in 1984
- Completed her Masters in Political Science from Jawaharlal Nehru University
Member: Ms. M. Sathiyavathy
Date from which holding the post: 09/04/2018 (AN)
Date of Retirement: 12/05/2023
• Post Graduate & gold medalist in Mathematics from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
• Joined the Indian Revenue Service in 1981 and there after the Indian Administrative Service in 1982 (AGMUT Cadre)
Member: Sh. Bharat Bhushan Vyas
Date from which holding the post: 13/12/2018 (AN)
Date of Retirement: 14/11/2022
• Cumulative experience of over thirty eight years– six in the banking sector and thirty two in the Government (joined Indian Administrative Service in 1986)
• Allotted to the Jammu & Kashmir Cadre
• Member Secretary of the ‘Prime Minister’s Special Task Force’ to formulate a“Jobs Plan” for the youth of J&K.
• Assistant Resident Representative in the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) – India for a period of two and a half years in the
area of “Sustainable livelihoods”.
• Given awards for the conduct of elections in J&K in very challenging circumstances in 1996/1997.
• Recipient of the Chief Minister’s Gold Medal for honesty, integrity, and meritorious service in J&K in the year 2011
Member: Dr. T. C. A. Anant
Date from which holding the post: 14/01/2019 (FN)
Date of Retirement: 02/01/2023
• Head, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics (DSE), University of Delhi.
• Chief Statistician of India (CSI) and Secretary, Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation
• Member Secretary, Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR)
• During his tenure as CSI, the Central Statistics Office (CSO) revised the Indian System of National Accounts to base year 2011‐12 along with the series of Index of Industrial Production (IIP) and Consumer Price Index (CPI); the National Sample Survey Organisation (NSSO)
• Introduced a new regular survey on Employment;
Member: Sh. Rajiv Nayan Choubey
Date from which holding the post: 01/02/2019 (FN)
Date of Retirement: 27/01/2024
• Postgraduate in Physics
• Master’s Degree in Social Policy & Planning
• Joined the Indian Administrative Service in 1981 and was allotted to the Tamil Nadu Cadre
• Principal Advisor in the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, as Development Commissioner (Handlooms) and as
• Director General of Hydrocarbon Secretary, Ministry of Civil Aviation, was instrumental in drafting the New Civil Aviation Policy
For your interview preparation, visit our Interview Preparation Guide for IAS