In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Jharkhand state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Jharkhand state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Jharkhand has an ancient history dating to the Mesolithic period. Mention a few Mesolithic sites found in the present day Jharkhand?
- The present day Jharkhand was a part of which of the Mahajanpadas?
- What was the reason of conflict between the Magadha and Anga kingdom?
- Chero rule in Jharkhand is important for many reasons. Mention two.
- When did the British take control over the present day Jharkhand region?
- What were the Chota Nagpur Territory States?
- Why is Santhal rebellion one of the most important tribal movements in Indian history?
- What was the reason of the rebellion by the Mundas?
- Do you remember any session of the Congress that took place in Jharkhand?
- Name a few freedom fighters from Jharkhand who participated in the freedom struggle.
Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Tell us something about the Copper Hoard Culture and which areas in Jharkhand was it prominent in?
- What is the special characteristic of the Chhau dance?
- What is the Karma festival? Why is it celebrated?
- What do you know about the Sohrai paintings? Are they mural/miniature paintings?
- Mention a few tribal handicrafts of Jharkhand.
- What are the architectural features of the Jagannath Temple?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What was the reason for the demand of a separate state of Jharkhand?
- Why has Jharkhand not been able to maintain political stability?
- When was the first time that the President’s Rule was imposed in Jharkhand?
- So much money is spent on opinion and exit polls. There is no value in them except for entertainment purposes. What is your view?
- How was the Covid-19 response by the state government? Do you think state government could have done more?
- Do you think that Jharkhand has developed/prospered after the bifurcation from Bihar?
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- There was a recent amendment to increase commercial mining of coal. What is your opinion on it? Don’t you think we should move away from a coal based economy?
- Jharkhand is a reservoir of minerals. Despite that, it suffers from poverty. Reasons?
- What is the main source of income of the tribals in the state?
- What are the major agricultural crops grown in Jharkhand?
- What is the reason for the growth of major engineering industries in Jharkhand?
- What is the purpose of the Multi Modal Terminal built at Sahibganj? Under which project it has been built?
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Explain caste based politics of Jharkhand?
- What is the reason of insurgency even today?
- Naxalism still threatens the social harmony of the state. How can we solve the problems of Naxalism?
- What are the various problems of the Ho tribe of Jharkhand?
- Why has the literacy rate of Jharkhand been so low even when the government has a number of schemes for education?
- Out migration has increased in Jharkhand? What could be the reasons?
- What is the reason for a high unemployment rate in Jharkhand?
- In the past, many women have been lynched on the grounds of pursuing witchcraft. How do you think this problem can be addressed?
- What is the slogan ‘Jal, jungle, zameen’?
- What are the various health problems that the tribals particularly face?
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Jharkhand is surrounded by how many states?
- Are there any national parks in the state?
- What are the major rivers flowing in Jharkhand?
- What are the health hazards involved in the mining of mica?
- Dhanbad is one of the most polluted cities. What could be the reasons?
- There has been news of water contamination in Jharkhand. What is the major pollutant that is a silent killer?
- What is the cause of the seasonal floods in Jharkhand?
- What are the causes of the frequent forest fires in Jharkhand?
- What kinds of forests are found in Jharkhand?
- Rajmahal Hills are part of which plateau system? What is the climatic significance of Rajmahal Hills for Jharkhand?
- If I want to travel to Jharkhand what places would you suggest?
- Tell us about the problems your district is facing? As a DM how will you handle these problems?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page