In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Kerala state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Kerala state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Enlist famous dynasties of Kerala?
- Why is Senkuttuvan remembered as one of the most famous kings of Kerala? Whuch dynasty did he belong to?
- Tell us something about the princely state of Travancore and how did the present day Kerala emerge as a separate state?
- Are there any sites in Kerala that are related to the Neolithic/Megalithic cultures?
- When did Kerala come under the rule of the Vijayanagar Empire?
- What was the reason of the rivalry between the Zamorin of Calicut and the Kingdom of Tanur?
- With whose contribution was the Temple Entry Proclamation made?
- What were the causes of the Moplah Rebellion?
- Name a few leaders who participated in the Vaikom Satyagraha.
- Tell us about the contribution of Narayan Guru in ushering social reforms in Kerala.
Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What is Theyyam? Give any two features.
- What is a unique feature of the Mohiniattam dance? Can you name any famous contemporary dancer of this dance form?
- Do you agree that Kerala has a cosmopolitan culture?
- How is Malyalam calendar different from the India National Calendar based on Saka era?
- What is the belief surrounding Mahabali who comes to Kerala during the Onam celebrations?
- Who built the Cheraman Masjid?
- Which is the largest and very famous mural painting in Kerala?
- Tell me two notable works of Raja Ravi Varma.
- Which architectural forms are temples in Kerala based on? Tell us something about the Padmanabhaswamy Temple.
- What is the significance of the Thrissur Pooram festival?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- How many political alliances are active in Kerala?
- How did the State Reorganisation Act 1956 alter the areas of the present day Kerala?
- What are the political irritants between Kerala and Karnataka?
- When did the first communist government come to power in Kerala?
- Kerala has 50% women’s representation in local governance institutions but state legislature and cabinet ministers have very few women. What do you think is the reason?
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Tell us about ‘Kerala model of development’?
- Explain importance of Kochi port since ancient period?
- What steps have been taken by the state government for the betterment of the fishery sector?
- Besides remittances from Gulf region, what are the other drivers of the economy of Kerala?
- What is the reason for a thriving services sector in Kerala?
- Tell us about the contribution of the energy sector to the GDP of the state
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What is the reason behind the communal violence cases in Kerala?
- In spite of having high literacy levels, the age at marriage is very low for girls in Kerala. Why?
- If you are working as an administrator in such area how will you prevent such atrocities?
- What special did Kerala do to contain the pandemic so effectively?
- Reason behind caste discrimination in Kerala especially in local governance bodies?
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Kerala is surrounded by how many states?
- Where does the Periyar river originate from?
- Name three Ramsar sites in Kerala.
- What type of vegetation is found in Kerala?
- River Periyar is in news because of high contamination of water. What are the reasons?
- What makes Kerala coastline prone to cyclones?
- What are the Kerala backwaters? Why are they so called?
- Even though sand mining is banned in most parts of Kerala, it is still continuing and disrupting ecological balance. Why? What steps would you take to address the problem?
- Name a few endemic species of the Western Ghats?
- Give two differences between the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats.
- Tell us about the boat race during Onam.
- If I want to travel to Kerala what places would you suggest?
- Tell us about the problems your district is facing? As a DM how will you handle these problems?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page