In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Madhya Pradesh state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Madhya Pradesh state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Which mahajanpada is associated with the present day Madhya Pradesh?
- Enlist chronologically the past ruling kingdoms of MP?
- Who was Raja Bhoj? When did he rule over MP?
- Paramaras were descendants of which dynasty?
- When did the Holkars capture Indore and established their kingdom?
- Tell us about the glorious history of Ujjain. How did it become an important urban centre in MP?
- How many princely states were there in MP?
- When did British take control of MP?
- What made Burhanpur significant for the Mughals?
- Name a few leaders who participated in the freedom struggle?
Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Tell us about chausath yogini temple? Currently it was in news,why?
- What do you know about the Malwa and kayatha culture?
- What is the history of the Kumbh Mela at Ujjain? Which other places is it organized?
- Sanchi stupa is a unique architectural marvel. Explain its features.
- Who built the Khajuraho temples?
- The paintings at Bhimbhetka belong to which period? Give two unique features of this form of painting?
- Have you heard about Maach? Where did this form originate?
- Where are the Bagh caves located? How are they an important source of constructing history of MP?
- Name a few proponents of the Gwalior Gharana?
- The Bundelkhand region in MP celebrate the harvest season with dance. What is the name of that dance form?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What is your opinion on political culture of MP since Medieval period?
- So much money is spent on opinion and exit polls. There is no value in them except for entertainment purposes. What is your view?
- Tell us about the recent love jihad law in MP.
- What are disputes of MP with Maharashtra?
- Do you think the people in your state vote on the basis of caste?
- There was news that MP would have a legislative council in the state? Do you think it is necessary?
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Any economic schemes launched to overcome the covid crisis in your state?
- What are the major drivers of the economy of Madhya Pradesh?
- Why does MP have an economy which is largely agri and pastoral based?
- MP is the only diamond producing state in India, yet some areas of the state suffer from poverty and malnutrition? Why?
- What steps have been taken by the state government for the betterment of the Industry sector?
- How has Covid impacted the pharmaceutical units in MP?
- Are there any policies to promote tourism in the state?
- How will the solar plant at Rewa add to the state’s revenues?
- Tell us about the mining policy of MP?
- Name a few schemes launched by the state government to double farmers income?
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Explain current caste structure of MP?
- Is MP included in the BIMARU states? Why
- Which are the main tribal groups in MP?
- Why does MP fare poorly on human indices?
- MP is also worst performer on female foeticide. What are the reasons?
- What are the reasons for rapid migration from the state?
- Why does caste discrimination still exist in MP? How will you tackle such atrocities?
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Which natural resources are found in abundance in MP?
- Why are people in MP opposing Ken Betwa link project?
- MP shares borders with how many states?
- What are the major rivers flowing in the state?
- Name three national parks found in MP?
- What are the types of forests found in MP?
- How did the Bhopal gas tragedy alter the ecology of MP?
- Madhya Pradesh is known as ‘tiger state’. How has the state been able to protect tigers?
- There are issues of man-animal conflict. How do you think this problem can be addressed?
- Tell us something about the Chambal Sancutary.
- A few tourist places that you would take us to if we visited MP?
- Who is the brand ambassador of MP tourism?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page