In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Mizoram state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Mizoram state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History and Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- When did the British gain political control over Mizoram?
- Why do we not have much records of ancient history of the North-east states?
- What is a Chhinlung?
- Have you heard of the Mautam Famine? Causes that led to the famine?
- Name a few freedom fighters from Mizoram.
- What is the Kut festival? When is it celebrated?
- What is the traditional/folk dance of Mizoram?
- Mizo language belongs to which family of languages?
- When was the Baptist Church of Mizoram built? What is its architectural design like?
- Tell us about Bamboo craft of Mizoram?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- When did Mizoram gain statehood?
- What are the features of the Mizoram Peace Accord?
- Who was the first CM of Mizoram?
- So much money is spent on opinion and exit polls. There is no value in them except for entertainment purposes.What is your view?
- What will be your top 2 priorities as chief secretary of Mizoram?
- Tell us about insurgency in Mizoram?
- What is inner line permit? How does it impact India’s foreign policy (Act East)?
- Tell us about AFSPA? Do you think it has been misused by the State?
- What are your opinions on NRC and politics over NRC?
- Name the three administrative councils in Mizoram?
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What is the main crop grown in Mizoram by gross value of output?
- What is the reason that jhum cultivation is still practiced by the Mizos?
- What is the reason for lack of industrial advancement in Mizoram?
- What steps have been taken by the state government for the development of the Industry sector?
- How has the National Bamboo Mission helped in generating revenues from bamboo in the state?
- How can sericulture be made a source of added income for the farmers?
- What do you know about the Swadesh Darshan Scheme? How will it help in promoting tourism in the state?
- Medicinal plants are in abundance in Mizoram. Are there policies in place to utilize these to develop a pharma base?
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Explain current ethnic structure of Mizoram?
- What is the reason for ethnic violence/clashes in Mizoram?
- If you are working as an administrator in such area how will you prevent such violent acts?
- What are various issues of women and children in Mizoram? Give its solutions?
- What is your opinion on discrimination against north eastern people in mainland?
- How can the problem of illegal migration from Bangladesh be solved?
- Do you think that the society in Mizoram is highly stratified?
- What are the major tribal groups living in Mizoram and what are their problems?
- What is your opinion on alcohol prohibition?
- Who are the Bru people? Their grievances?
- How will you counter the problem of drug trafficking in Mizoram?
- Mention schemes of the state government to address the issue of unemployment in the state.
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Mizoram is surrounded by how many states/Countries?
- Blue Mountain is the highest peak in Mizoram. What is it otherwise called?
- What percentage of land is covered by forests?
- What are the kind of forests found in Mizoram?
- Which seismic zone does Mizoram fall into?
- Name any two national parks of Mizoram?
- What is the reason for frequent forest fires in Assam?
- Which are the main rivers flowing through Mizoram?
- What is the reason of recurrent landslides and floods in Mizoram and other North-eastern states?
- Rivers in Mizoram are getting polluted, what do you think is the reason?
- If I want to travel to Mizoram what places would you suggest?
- Tell us about the problems your district is facing? As a DM how will you handle these problems?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page