In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Nagaland state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Nagaland state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History and Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What do you know about the origin of the Nagas?
- When did the British take political control over the area of Nagaland?
- When was the Battle of Kohima fought? What were the consequences of the war?
- Name a few leaders who fought for the freedom of India?
- Tell us about head hunting of Nagaland? Why
- What are the features of the Sema style of architecture?
- What is the significance of the Hornbill Festival?
- What type of painting is famous among the Ao tribes?
- Harvest festivals are celebrated across India. What is the harvest festival of Nagaland?
- Tell us about the Dimapur Jain Temple.
- What do you know about Rani Gaidinliu? Her contribution to the freedom struggle?
- Chakshesang shawl has a GI Tag. What are its special features?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- When did Nagaland become a state?
- Who was the first CM of Nagaland?
- So much money is spent on opinion and exit polls. There is no value in them except for entertainment purposes. What is your view?
- The PRIs don’t exist in Nagaland? Reasons for their exemption?
- What are issue of Nagaland with neighbouring states?
- What will be your top 2 priorities as chief secretary of Nagaland?
- Tell us about NRC and politics over NRC?
- What are the excluded and partially excluded groups in the GOI act 1935?
- What is inner line permit? How will this impact India’s Act East Policy?
- What do you think of the AFSPA? when it has been started?
- What are the features of the Naga Peace Accord?
- Tell us about some e-governance measures in Nagaland.
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What is the importance of plantation in agrarian economy of Nagaland?
- What are the major cash crops grown in Nagaland?
- Nagland has cottage industries. What do you think are the challenges facing the cottage industries?
- Does Nagaland have a tourism policy in place. If yes, what are its features?
- Why Manufacturing and Service sector is not developed in Nagaland?
- How can mining be made a profitable industry in Nagaland?
- What type of industries would suit the climate of Nagaland?
- Tell us about the National Bamboo Mission and its success in Nagaland.
- What are the government policies to promote horticulture and floriculture?
- Does the state have any SEZs? How can they be used to further the revenues of the state?
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Explain current ethnic structure of Nagaland?
- What are the various tribal groups in Nagaland?
- What is your opinion on discrimination against north eastern people in mainland?
- Women have a high social position in many tribal societies of Nagaland, yet they are not represented in politics at par with men. Why?
- The society of Nagaland bases itself on kinship and community. Do you agree? Can you cite an example where this tradition is still followed?
- How will you tackle the immense drug peddling in Nagaland?
- Poverty is a major problem in the state. What steps have been taken by the state government to reduce poverty and inequality?
- Do you find social stratification in the Naga society?
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Nagaland is surrounded by how many states/Countries?
- Which mountain range forms a boundary with Myanmar?
- What are the major rivers flowing through Nagaland?
- Name some endemic flora species of Nagaland.
- What are the major mineral found in Nagaland?
- There has been a decline in the forest cover in Nagaland. What is the reason?
- Why is shifting cultivation still prevalent in Nagaland?
- What is the reason of frequent landslides in Nagaland?
- Air pollution in Nagaland has increased. What is the cause?
- What are the climatic conditions suitable for the cultivation of rhododendron?
- If I want to travel to Nagaland what places would you suggest?
- Tell us about the problems your district is facing? As a DM how will you handle these problems?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page