In this post, we are releasing the state-based questions of Uttarakhand state for UPSC IAS interviews 2022.
This post is a part of our series of state-based UPSC IAS interview questions. In this series, we are going to create state-specific posts, containing the questions that have been asked in the interviews on the basis of the home state of the candidate, mentioned in DAF.
You can take hints for your own interview preparation, from the type of questions asked.
State-based UPSC IAS interview questions for Uttarakhand state
- For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page
- For state-based questions from other states – Visit this page
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
History-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Why is Uttarakhand called the Devbhoomi?
- Any site in Uttarakhand that shows the presence of Buddhism in the state?
- Who were the Katyuri kings? When did they rule present-day Uttarakhand?
- What was the Treaty of Sagauli? What is its current significance on India-Nepal relations?
- Tell me some of the freedom fighters from Uttarakhand.
- Have you heard of Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali? Which incident of the freedom movement is he associated with?
Art and Culture-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Where in Uttarakhand can you find traces of rock paintings belonging to the Paeleolithic period?
- Wood carving is a prominent local craft in the UK. In which parts of the state it is practised majorly?
- Who was Mola Ram?
- What are your views on spirit worship prevalent in the hilly areas of Uttrakhand?
- Can you name two festivals/traditions inscribed in the Intangible Cultural Heritage list of the UNESCO?
- Tell us about Kumbh mela? How many days it is celebrated?
- What are the features of Pahari paintings? Name some of them?
- Name the tribal festivals of Uttarakhand?
Politics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- What are the main grounds for the separation of Uttarakhand from the state of UP?
- 21 years since the separation, hill-centric development still remains a dream? Why?
- Why Uttarakhand wants the centre to withdraw ILP from Niti, Nelong Valley?
- Can Border Tourism in Uttarakhand act as a second line of defence again Chinese incursions?
- What is the difference between Special Status and Special Category Status?
- What is your opinion on making Gairsain the capital of the state?
- So much money is spent on opinion and exit polls. There is no value in them except for entertainment purposes. What is your view?
- What will be your top 2 priorities as chief secretary of the UK?
Economics-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- Apart from tourism, what are the other main sources of income of Uttarakhand state?
- There are a lot of tourist places in Uttarakhand, but still, the tourist infrastructure development is not up to mark. What are the main reasons?
- What steps have been taken by the state government for the promotion of tourism?
- Do you think Natural Calamities play a big hindrance in the economic development of the state?
- Recently, PM inaugurated 6 mega projects in Uttarakhand under Namami Gange Mission. Where are they constructed?
- What type of industries are more suitable to the climate of the UK?
- What is the status of renewable energy production in the state of Uttarakhand?
- What solutions will you suggest to tackle women’s unemployment in the state?
- In terms of Per Capita Income, the UK fares well than most states, however, the growth is not uniform. Why do you think such disparity?
- How has Covid-19 impacted the pharmaceutical industry in Uttarakhand?
Social issues based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- If you are working as an administrator in a tribal area, how will you integrate them into the mainstream?
- How can, the water problems in the hills of Uttrakhand, be solved?
- Can you enlist the reasons for out-migration from Uttarakhand?
- What are the various issues of women and children in the UK? Give its solutions?
- What are the problems of the Tharu tribe?
Geography and Environment-based UPSC IAS Interview Questions
- The UK is surrounded by how many states?
- With which countries does Uttarakhand share its boundaries?
- Reasons for frequent forest fires in Uttarakhand.
- What are the reasons behind massive, devastating floods in Uttarakhand?
- How many types of forests can we see in Uttarakhand?
- Where is Sat Tal Lake situated?
- Which city of Uttarakhand is known as Mini Switzerland according to Mahatma Gandhi? (Kasauni)
- What are the reasons behind the late reach of monsoons in the Himalayas?
- What do you understand by Glacial lake Outburst Floods? How vulnerable are the Himalayas?
- Flash Floods—is it a natural phenomenon or a Man-Made disaster?
- If I want to travel to the UK, what places would you suggest?
- What is the significance of the Chardham Project?
- Tell us about the problems your district is facing? As a DM, how will you handle these problems?
For more Study materials related to UPSC IAS interviews – Visit this page