Board: Bharat Bhushan Vyas
Date of Interview: 03/08/2021
Qualification: B.Tech. (Electronics & Communication)
Hobbies: Writing on Cinema, Football, Defence & Security News
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- What have you been doing since graduation?
- So, you did BTech in ECE. Has the government has prepared a new policy on Electronics? When and what was it?
- PLI came later, what were the earlier initiatives under it? Broadly, what did they target?
- Has the govt also taken any such steps to boost IoT adoption?
- What are the salient features of 5G? From a technical point of view, that is. How is it different from the earlier generations?
- Under what Article is the Finance Commission formed? Which is the one currently in news? And what are the suggestions?
- Has any specific step been taken for horizontal distribution?
- You like writing on cinema, what do you write about? Have you gotten it published anywhere?
- What was the last thing you wrote about? (Ans – Antiheroes)
- Where do you see these characters? Can you name some, please?
- Do you think other sports are suffering because of cricket?
- About the Finance Commission again, there were arguments to enhance horizontal devolution to the hilly and underdeveloped states. Has something been done in this regard?
- Some states submitted a representation over the population issue, are you aware of any such events?
- Why sociology when you have done BTech? Why not Electrical or Physics?
- How will you use your technical education in your work as an IAS officer?
- Now, the government is incentivising LEDs, why is it so?
- What do you think must be done to improve our solar manufacturing process? (Very long question, cutting it short)
- If you had to explain the photoelectric effect to a layman, how would you do it?
- Continuing from the electronics sector, why do you think we are lagging in electronics and chip manufacturing in India?
- Now on Antiheroes, what are their characteristics?
- What do you think a civil servant should be, a hero or an antihero?
- But civil servants are often criticised for being aloof, even the PM said something about the image of officers recently. What do you think can be done to improve that?
- Coming back to Cinema, what do you know about impressionist cinema?
- DO you know where cinema was first made?
- There are demands within UP for the bi/trifurcation of the state. Do you think it should be done?
- Then why are such demands raised? In this case at least.
- What is the process for splitting up or renaming the states?
- And what is the legal process for it?
- What was the process followed in AP? You have lived there as per your DAF.
- Now, what is the status of Article 370?
- How was it done?
- What articles were involved in the process?
- What is Natural Gas, CNG, and LPG and what are their chemical composition?
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)