Date of Interview: 03-09-2021
Board: RN Choubey Sir
Home State: Kerala,
Optional: Malayalam Literature
Hobbies: Violin, Stand – up Comedy, Malayalam Novels, Indoor Gardening
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Kindly take off your mask and place it on the table in front of you.
We are here to have a conversation with you. This is not an interrogation. If there is any question that you do not understand, do not hesistate to ask again. If you do not know an answer, you are free to say I don’t know. We do not expect you to know everything.
- By what name would you prefer us calling you?
- Please introduce yourself professionally.
- What is your opinion on bringing doctors under the Consumer Protection Act?
- You have heard about the NEP 2020. Will it lead us closer to SDGs in 2030?
- How will the adaptation of vernacular languages help?
- Will the multiple-entry, multiple-exit provision lead to more dropouts?
- How will the new developments in Afghanistan affect the economy of Kerala?
- Is Euthanesia currently permitted in India? What is your opinion regarding permitting Euthanasia?
- Kerala has done very well in COVID management during the first wave. However, the cases are increasing now. Why?
- What is your opinion regarding granting combat roles to women in army? If you are on a medical board granting the same, will you set the same standards for men and women?
- The government is giving more importance to traditional medicine systems now. Do you support equal importance for all the systems of medicine?
- What is your take on granting Ayurveda doctors the right to perform surgery?
- You have shown an interest in watching stand–up comedy. Comedy is comedy. But there have been many issues now following many comedy acts. Where should we draw the line in Performance of comedy?
- At this point, the Chairman interrupted and asked me in which language I watch stand-up comedy and asked me about Indian Stand –up comedians
- Are mental health issues more prevalent among the women in Kerala? If so why?
- Kerala was never really under any foreign rule. Is this statement true?
- There is a place in Kerala called Sultan Battery. How did this place get its name?
- You studied in Alappuzha. What are the issues affecting the place called Kuttanad?
- What is the government doing to protect the farmers of Kuttanad?
- Which is the major community in Alappuzha? What is the native language term for the community?
- I would like to ask one more question from Kerala. Why is there a huge problem of dowry in Kerala?
- Suppose you are working in the Foreign affairs ministry during the time of previous minister Sushama Swaraj. Iran offers to give us oil at a very low price and the offer appears very attractive. But to get the deal, they ask that the minister go for the meeting wearing a Burkha. How would you advice the minister to proceed with the deal?
- Would you apply the same standards while negotiating with Afghanistan regarding gender equality?
- Is India taking the same stand about gender equality in the case of Saudi Arabia?
- We have asked you everything we need to ask. Is there something you would like us to talk about?All the best. Your interview is over. You may leave.
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)