Date of Interview: 03/09/21
Board: Smita Nagraj
Background: Btech EEE
Optional: Political Science and IR
Home State: Kerala
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Please tell me what you are currently doing.
- Have you started monitoring projects? What are the states assigned to you?
- What was the process of selection for your job?
- Was the group discussion effectively conducted by the organisation?
- Do you think group discussions can be a reliable way to judge relative merit in UPSC?
- Do you think Adani Group is overstretching itself by expanding into multiple sectors?
- Do you think that government should have put restrictions on bidding for Adani as they have been given far too many airports for instance?
- Why IFS as your first preference?
- What are the regions from where maximum remittances are sent to India?
- Elaborate about benefits/demerits of legal aid and especially with respect to Kerala
- What are the issues on the ground in the implementation of Lok Adalats?
- If you were appointed to spread awareness about the rights given by the Consumer Protection Act, what are the steps you would take?
- Kindly elaborate about the issue of women empowerment in Kerala even though it is a highly literate state that had matriarchal communities
- Do you think reservation for women is necessary in this regard
- You are using the term normative, do you mean Normative Theory by “x” author (don’t remember)
- What is the southernmost point of India?
- What is the strategic significance of Andaman and Nicobar Islands?
- What is meant by AFSPA and describe the special powers it grants?
- Do you think it should be applied continuously or intermittently to a region and give reasons for your stand
- Toddy is a big part of Kerala culture and is available freely, do you think it is a reason for alcoholism in Kerala
- What are the reasons for alcoholism to prevail in Kerala society, especially among men?
- Does data support the statement that alcoholism is quite prevalent in Kerala?
- Why is the diaspora split among NRI, OCI, and PCI? Give reasons for such a classification
- If you were the Ambassador to Doha, how would you safeguard India’s interests while making contact with the Taliban?
- How would we prevent alignment of Afghanistan with China and Pakistan?
- Is vaccine diplomacy a way forward in Afghanistan?
- What is your opinion about vaccine diplomacy of India?
- Do you think it was the right step?
- What is the Alappuzha model that has won global acclaim?
- Tell me about issues with the SCA to SCSP scheme and Tribal sub plan
- You worked at PwC, tell me the differences in auditing in private and government firm
- (Chairperson interrupted and asked me what vertical I worked in)
- You have mentioned a project in electricity sector, tell me the future vision that you have in mind about the electricity sector
- With respect to DISCOMS, what is the way forward especially as UDAY scheme has not succeeded?
- You have done project on urban planning as well, what is your opinion about the issues with urban planning in India?
- Held up my photo and asked me to remove my mask
- Thank you, your interview is over
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)