Date of Interview: 18 august
Board: Sujata Mehta
Background: B.Tech Mechanical Engineering,
Home State: Maharashtra
Worked: as an associate engineer at Eaton India Innovation center.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Tell us about yourself?
- What was the kind of work you were doing?
- What is innovation? How is it diff from jugaad?
- Does inavailability of resource have anything to do with jugaad?
- Can you use jugaad in management?
- What solutions did u provide to social problems?
- (I told about a level sensor on vehicles to detect potholes.)
- Will this be made for all cars?
- What were other problems you addressed
(Follow up questions)
- Tell me in short about renewable resources.
- What is your patent about, tell us very briefly?
- What is china iran 25 years agreement signed in march this year?
- what is difference between innovation and immitation?
- What are core competencies?
- Can immitation be a core competency?
- What is CPI?
- Why is it used?
- What is a Business analyst?
- How do they forecast the demand?
- So you did a diploma and then a three years degree? Did u get credits for that, a year off, etc?
- What is national skill quality framework? What is national education quality framework?
- In polytechnic did u visit any workshop?
- What did u see there?
- Did u get any hands-on training?
- Did you do any workshop activities at all?
- Where was the workshop?
- What are your suggestions to improve the polytechnic course?
- Who is heading walchand now?
- So u did transportation engineering?
- Ok automobile engineering? Yes, tell me about e scooter and e vehicle that bajaj is launching.
- What are electric vehicles?
- What are the pros and cons?
- What is naam-smaran?
(Chairman madam answered on my behalf saying it is similar to meditation)
- Is there anything that we have not asked?
- Ok, let me ask you about floods in your home district Sangli.
- I corrected saying Ratnagiri is my home district.
- She said oh Ratnagiri had a greater loss this year, what are your suggestions for flood management?
Thank you your interview is over.
All the best. Godspeed.