Date of Interview: 31 August 2021
Board: Sujata Mehta
Home State: West Bengal
Background: B.Tech (Aerospace)
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Introduce with background and work experience
- What were you doing for two years
- Employment opportunities for Aerospace in India
- Did you opted for campus placement? (said No)
- How do see the recent decision of DGCA to allow Grounded Boeing 737 Max to operate.? The rectification in the design flaw of Boeing 737 Max is claimed by the Company itself and not by any independent authority..? Do you think there is a need for independent verifying agencies where the life of lot of people are at stake.?
- Have you participated in any tournament of TT.? (said No)
- Have you done any internship or training during Btech? (Yes) What was that?
- What you did in Flight testing (from DAF)
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now.?
- What will be your priorities if you are made DM of a district?
- How are you today..?
- Why you choose anthropology as your optional.?
- There are people in India in different parts of India say Bengal and Punjab, they have nothing in common and they are very different. How do you see this.?
- Differentiate between patriotism and Nationalism
- What would you choose between the two.?
- How to improve relations between India and neighbouring countries like Nepal and Bangladesh
- You are an aerospace engineer. Do you know about different types of drone technology? Regulation of drone in India?
- We see a lot of similarities between the people of Kerala and West Bengal: they eat boiled rice, fish, love football, can be seen in campus all across India, Communism. Why so in your opinion..?
- What does budget travelling mean..? (Chairman stopped the member)
- So you are from Kolkata. Have you ever been to Guwahati? (said No) Or any other place in North East? (said No)
- Which states are called North Eastern states? (said 8 including Sikkim)
- Why Sikkim is also included in North-Eastern states despite west Bengal in between.?
- Why the human development index of North Eastern states is low as compared to other states say West Bengal.?
- How can you improve the situation as an administrator?
- How will you use your aerospace knowledge if you are made DM of a district in North East India?[I am not able to recall few questions and also the questions may not be in order]
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)