Date of Interview: 17th August
Board: TCA Anant Sir
Background: B.Tech. Electrical Engineering IITR
Optional: Electrical Engineering
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- (starts reading about my graduation and college)
- What is this Viterbi India Program and what was your project there?
- Why candidates like you are not going into research? (Told many in my branch did go)
- Seems like good students at IIT are either going to USA or coming into CS and not contributing into research within India, What is the reason? (Little Discussion on this)
- What will you do if there is change in frequency of grid?
- Problems of integrating renewable energy into the grid?
- Asked about a certain solar plant?- said I don’t know about this
- How to manage fluctuations in renewable power?
- Which is the best method to store renewable power?
- During National campaign to switch off electricity, how grid stability was maintained?
- What is AI? What are the privacy issues with AI?
- Indian society is closely knitted, do we even value privacy, do we need it?
- Status of Electricity supply in UP?
- Online education- effect of electricity and Internet penetration on learning outcomes?
- Who is a mentor? What was your role?- tried to grill here a bit wrt my research focused resume during grad
- What is moral policing? Difference between mentoring and moral policing? – Little discussion here
- Service preference? Why IFS low at 5th?
- ISRO failure, No indigenous weapons- have we failed? Why are we not able to manufacture products a large scale? Reasons and solutions?
- How AI is going to change the nature of jobs?
- How will you use Electrical Engineering in administration?
- What is IITR motorsports, your role there?
- Constraints with electric vehicles?
- How will you develop charging infrastructure?Chairman- Your interview is over!
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)