Date of interview: 23rd August 2021
Board: Manoj Soni
Work Experience: Medical Officer X 3 Years
Home State: Kerala
Hobbies: Public speaking, critical writing
Co curricular activity: Founding member, Health on wheels program amongst a host of others
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
Good afternoon. Let’s start off. Before that, keeping a shield is optional, but wearing a mask is compulsory. Please remove your mask for a minute so that I can verify you with your photograph
- Excellent. So let’s start. You passed out in 2018?
- What were you doing since then?
- OK. So why did you jump from Medicine to Civil services?
- So, if it is not a confidential issue, then can you please explain your experience?
- Would you agree to me if I tell you that, despite 75 years of our independence, we have not been able to give everyone on this country atleast 1 glass of drinking water?
- What are the probable reasons according to you?
- Can you tell me some proactive steps the government is taking now?
- Are you sure that Jal Jeevan is about tap water connection?
- Which article?
- So, how do we mention it clearly? What is the procedure?
- Okay. So, imagine that you are walking through the street and you find a dehydrated dog locked inside a car. What would you do?
- Points to the next member.
- South Indians love professional courses. Can you tell me gthe characteristics of education sector in south India?
- Can you give me the situation of health care professionals in India?
- Are there divides?
- Do you agree that it is huge?
- Then what can we do about it?
- So, tell me about bridge course.
- And about paramedicals?
- So, based on health on wheels program, can we take urban doctors to rural area to solve the rural urban divide?
- What is the single most achievement of India?
- what are three positive contributions of colonial british rule?
- What do you understand between religious tolerance and acceptability?
- So, is using religious tolerance as a word, is there something wrong to it?
- pointed to the next member after thanking me.
- Good afternoon. Can you tell me three positive things about Gig economy?
- And, three negatives?
- Okay. What are some of the recebt measures taken by the government to stop mounting NPAs?
- One thing the government is doing is it is recapitalising the banks. What do you understand by it?
- And, is it good to pump public money into such banks?
- Last question. In a rigid bureacracy, there is no space for the answer, ‘I dont know’. In such a
- Good. Thankyou *Waves to the chairman*
- All the best. Your interview is over.
- Overall, board was cordial. I was doubtful in a lot of answers.
- This is only a rough recall.