Board: Bharat Bhushan Vyas
Profile: Chemical Engg BIT Mesra+ MBA, IIM Indore
Hobbies: Carnatic Music
Home State: Telangana
Work Ex: Deloitte
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- You have two names-what do people address you as?
- You are still working?
- Why would you quit a high paying job and company known for good work culture ( Deloitte)
- When did this thought of appearing for UPSC Originate?
- Why did you not write the exam after graduation?
- Why not immediately after Post Graduation?
- Coming to Management- Tell me what is Management, what is Administration, and what is Governance ( counter questions on Management)
- What is Good Governance
- Do you think our Foreign Policy has changed drastically in the last few years?
- How do you understand by Poverty?
- How do we measure poverty?
- Contributions of Ahilya Bai Holkar?
- Tell me her contributions sociologically
- What are Tax Havens
- Connect it to Global Minimum Tax Rate
- Hobby of Readathon and Goodreads Website
- What are current reading challenges you are taking part in
- Why did you opt for Sociology
- How will you use it in Administration
- Define Socialization
- Did marks feature in your decision of choosing sociology? It is consistently the most rewarding optional ( Told him, I did not think of it that way after seeing optional marks but I did consider limited syllabus as Criteria)
- What is most urbanized and least urbanized state in India
- Explain Urbanization as a phenomenon and in future, if it will be inclusive – if inclusive will it be natural or state-imposed
- Carnatic Singers- tell me 4 current practicing singers
- Why not mentioning Sudha Raghunathan
- Tell me about a leading music director from South India and his current controversy ( AR Rahman and some Twitter trolling – he explained incident while I gave the name), your opinion on it
- NSS, NCC, Bharat Scouts and Guides- have these institutions served their purpose?
- In recent context, what is the most important thing for Comprehensive Nation Power, will give you a hint that Bhutan launched something in late 2000…connect it ( he was expecting Soft Power and importance of Qualitative Assessments like Global Happiness Index)
- ASEAN and SAARC what is a difference in their working
- Differentiate Migration and Forced Migration
- Since you mentioned BBIN- What are the countries
- What is the other B and what are its problems for inclusion( I told Bhutan but there are environmental concerns)
- NEP- should states have separate policies
- Counter to you- shouldn’t states want to protect their ethnicity and their history instead of uniformity of syllabus?
Thank you your interview is over
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)