Date of interview: 18th Aug. 2021
Board: Dr. TCA Anant sir
Background: B Tech (Mechanical Engineering)
Home State: Maharashtra
• DAF tags- Quizzing, Bharat Scouts and Guides, Head of an event, Calligraphy, Fighter jets
- Readout only educational qualifications from DAF.
- What have you been doing since graduation (2018) ?
- Other than preparation? What else?
- Any community participation?
- What did u do in Covid related works?
- Why did u choose PSIR?
( M 4 interrupted. Chairman asked me to answer him )
Follow up questions on this
- What is ‘The Argumentative Indian’ concept ? Who gave this concept?
- Is it good to be argumentative ?
- Should civil servant be argumentative ?
- Does it mean obstructionist ?
- Do u support bifurcation of Maharashtra ? Asked me to justify my stand ?
- Why Pune and Mumbai have higher covid cases ?
- Long questions on Sugarcane, Sugar industry and diversion of water resources.
- Current stats on farmers’ suicide.
- Suppose you are an officer in charge, how will you oppose strong sugar lobby, liquor barons ? Any steps taken on this ?
- What can be done in Marathwada?
- Question on resource transfer.
- Very soft spoken, unable to hear her question.
- Asked her politely to repeat the question. She removed her mask and asked me to remove my mask.
- Afghan issue – Impact on India’s international standing, Impact on Pakistan’s standing.
- Sudden withdrawal of USA from Afganisthan ? Why so much hurry ? Is it fair to leave all armed vehicles, infrastructure ?
- Do you think Biden is a weak president ?
- On one hand many states are bringing population control policies/bills and on other hand we are allowing Refugees. What is the way forward ?
Asked about my interest in fighter jets
- Why India could not develop commercial aircrafts’ engine as many countries have done that eg Brazil- Embraer ?
- What Boeing is doing in India ? Which parts of aircrafts are we producing right now?
- Your first preference is IAS. Suppose you are SDM of your district for 6 months, what are your short term priorities ?
- Quickly tell any 5 major much needed power sector reforms ?
Your Interview is over. You may leave now.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2021: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)