Date of Interview: 07 September 2021
Board: RN Choubey
Home State: Kerala
Optional: Public administration
Background: Chemical engineering
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Where are you staying in Delhi? Did you get tested?
- Tell me which is the highest post a civil servant can become?
- Issues and changes needed in election process and solutions for the same.( Gave 3 points, further questions and discussion based on that. )
- Started off by asking should women wear sarees like those in Kerala and north east do and celebrate festivals like Vishu and Bihu.
- Cultural similarities between people of North East and Kerala and have you thought about reasons for the same.
- What are UFO’s? Where are they found?
- What is Bermuda triangle?
- Do you know about Rafale fighter, not the issue but the vehicle.
- Difference between defence forces and paramilitary forces and give examples
- Why Kerala is god’s own country while northeast is not?
- Since you studied in a KV , tell the differences and issues between private and public schools.
- Based on the discussion asked me about the impact of covid and students migrating to public schools.
- As the education secretary what are the measures that can be taken to improve quality in public schools.
- Explain is what is meant by less goverment and more governance.
- Tell me the difference between output and outcome based. ( in the context of outcome budgeting of govt)
- Why communism continue to thrive in Kerala even after setbacks in other parts of the country and the world?
- Difference between chemistry and chemical engineering.
- Oldest chemical company in India?
- What did they manufacture?
- As the secretary to govt of India, how will you address the issue of sewage treatment plants?
- On cricket tell me about Gary Sobers and why the
- present generation does not produce players of his stature?
- Do you know about Jim laker? What record does he hold?
- Is there anyone from India who has achieved the same?
- Questions based on MSMEs their contribution, issues and some specific solutions.
- Importance of textile industry. And why Bangladesh has an advantage over India?
- What measures can be taken to improve the sector.
Is there anything that we’ve missed or you would like to tell us?