Date of Interview: 20 -09-2021
Board: Smita Nagraj mam
Home state Maharashtra
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Welcome, your height Is good, you must have been the tallest person in all your classes
- do you play any sports?
- What are you doing nowadays?
- Unequal development in maharashtra, reasons ?
- Personal opinion on whether marathwada should be made a separate state?
- how to gauge the demand of people? How do people make their demands known?
- Should we hold a referendum for such decision?
- What are the issues that arise in referendum? (I told people may be influenced by politicians for a particular decision, holding such a massive exercise would be difficult) She told me that voice of minorities may be suppressed.
- Any personal experience where issues of minorities were taken into consideration or otherwise while taking decision? I said unable to recall
- gave long context and asked whether do you support the new expressway that is being developed between mumbai and delhi?
- Won’t it be a waste of money as already freight corridor is present?
- Some more back and forth about it, In the end, I said I’ll read more about it.
- Is Darwins theory relevant today?
- What are its criticism?
- Which theory is relevant for evolution today?
- Why don’t people opt for anthro in graduation?
- have we stooped such low that getting jobs is the only consideration while selecting graduation courses?
- You’re from pune, Why are private education institutions rising all over India?
- What role do you see the public education institutions playing in near and long term future.
- Won’t the public institutes lose their position to private institutions?
- If you’re given power, what changes will you make so as to make educational institutions more relevant?
- Can we represent anthropology through statistics?
- is there any subject that we cannot express through use of statistics?
- What is reflective writing ?
- How is it different from normal writing?
- any things that you wrote recently?
- What is the biggest security challenge before india?
- How should we deal with Pakistan so as to force them to withdraw their support to cross border terrorism?
- can water be used as a weapon?
- Which country is doing so?
- What is the study of coins called?
- Which all coins do you have?
- favorite coin and reasons?
- how should we deal with Kashmir issue?
- who is the home secretary of India?( no clue)
- What concrete steps will you take to solve Kashmir issue if you’re made home sec.
- Tell me one thing that you learnt from your mother and one from your father.
- Thank you, your interview is over.
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)