Date of Interview: • 20 August 2021
Board: Smita Nagaraj Ma’am
Hobby: Read Calvin
- Why do you read Calvin & Hobbes comics specifically
- Comedy in India – Are Indians too thin skinned as we easily take offence?
- Who is your favourite comedian? Why?
- Which page of the newspaper do you read first? Any good editorial that you read recently?
- Where did you travel to recently? What did you do in Dubai? Where in India? Which states have you been to?
- How North-West Indian and South Indian states are different? Give one parameter
- You mentioned that you read IR page, why Afg important for us? Looking at India’s engagement, I don’t think we feel Afg is strategically important for us – Your views?
- Some more questions on Afghanistan
- Why Geography
- Graduated in 2020 during lockdown – what did you miss? Or did you find it beneficial for UPSC prep?
- IIT Delhi – best memory of Rendezvous (College fest)? One learning from your experience of organising the event?
- If not Civil Services, what is your plan B?
- Why is geography optional?
- There’s a new field integrating the study of Civil Engg & Robotics Do you know what it is?
- Recent parliament session was a washout. Still why all MPs supported the Constitutional Amendment bill?
- OTT rise seen in Lockdown – How will it change nature of the entertainment industry in the long term?
- Few more questions, can’t recall
- Abraham Accords? Is it helpful for India? Have we taken any steps to benefit from Abraham Accords? Any relevance for the situation in Afghanistan?
- During 2nd wave, Goa saw many deaths due to oxygen shortage. Why?
- Recent Defence Minister speech – Is employment generation an objective of Defence?
- S-400 deal – is it justified for India to ask for waiver from US? What would happen if US denied CAATSA waiver?
- Why Qatar imp in Afghanistan situation? Why Taliban HQ in Qatar, and not any other country?
- Rank the following parameters in descending order of priority, wrt their influence on shaping our foreign policy – Morals and Principles, Convenience, Domestic public discourse
- Give one example in recent foreign policy steps that prioritized Morals and principles
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)