Date of Interview: 24 August, 21
Board: RN Choubey sir
Background: Computer Science Engg.
Home State: Uttarakhand
Hobby: played football at a decent level, beatbox music, and sketching manga art.
- I entered with good morning to all. CM said good afternoon. Tried to comfort me 1st, told me to remove my mask.
- introduce yourself wrt educational and work experience.
- if you have to choose between one – mahatma Gandhi and bhagat Singh, who it would be? – said Gandhi. (was not expecting this question right after he comforted me). He counter questioned 2-3 times then.
- then what’s wrong in bhagat Singh’s approach. (To my reply)
- why masses are needed to be included in a movement, why violence against British was not right?
- then why is bhagat Singh is still an icon among us? (To my reply)
- (perpetually dissatisfied)
- democratic decentralisation is a success or failure in india?
- what’s the problem in centre directly giving funds to the PRI?
- why state government resist this direct funding?
- What’s the difference between centre directly funding or routing it via states?
- (Between this conversation, chairman sir 1st stood up, went behind his chair, and started stretching. When the conversation ended with M1, I noticed that chairman sir was near the window directly behind his chair. He was looking outside. Like watching the greenery and cloud stuff).
- (poker-faced throughout)
- Despite being from Army school throughout your life, You did your 12th as private candidate. I don’t understand why?
- you’re from army background? (I said yes)
- you never appeared for any army recruitment -NDA or CDS? (Said no sir).
- so you were not impressed by your father at home and his work and laughed. (A little bit uncomfortable here. justified it).
- so you’re interested in IR. Why India needs Afghanistan?
- what do you mean by the war not going any side? (Elaborated that USA was locked in Afghanistan).
- but I don’t think domestic pressure to withdraw was there? ( He asked this with highly dissatisfied face in response to my earlier statement)?
- why USA has pulled out. Tell me a strategic reason?
- why Russia is so keen this time to engage w Taliban?
- (very low voice)
- Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth. who said this? Ttold him politely, to repeat the quote. He repeated.
- India has projects in all 34 provinces, still evacuated all. Isn’t this a completely irresponsible approach by India?
- but Taliban said you can continue all projects, we will not harm. (Replied it’s a fundamentalist force, whose statements cannot be taken on face value). M3 looks at the face of chairman (who is still standing near window) and M2, puzzled, like I have said sun rises from the west. Felt nervous. Elaborated my statement. Still poker face.
- you’re from Uttarakhand, can Uttarakhand ever replace j&k?
chairman sir asked to elaborate- M3 said in context of tourism.
- what steps you’ll take to make sure it replaces j&k?
- During this conversation, M2 stood up & left the room. Came back when M3 ended. Chairman sir still at window, very calmly looking the greenery outside.
Member 4 (lady, smiling)
- recently Gujrat HC did something that is unparalleled in this history. What was that? (Just when I was about to say about anti-conversion law, told me it’s Covid related. Thought for 5 sec and told her mam, I don’t know).
- she said it was live streaming of proceedings about Covid. Do you support it, live streaming?
- Is there anything legal/constitutional provision that stops courts from live streaming?
- but don’t you think live streaming in some cases can be beneficial?
- chairman interrupted and asked me do you know difference between livestream and open courts?
- (again chairman), then social pressure would be there in both? Why not Livestream.
Member 4 again
- do you know about cop26?
- what is the crux of recent IPCC report?
- what is cop full form?
- who is the present president of cop? Hint- It’s an Indian origin person.
- tell me one moment in you’re life where you felt very proud of yourself.
To my reply, Chairman sir asked to repeat one word that I said. After this, he said excellent and we compliment you for that.
Chairman sir- now tell me a sad moment, where you’re not happy with what you did.
Okay, your interview is over. Best of luck for the plans. felt that interview went too short, only for 10-15. But it was around 30 mins or something.