Date of Interview: 25.08.2021
Background: Chemical Engineering at NIT Tiruchirappalli, Group B employee at ICMR, Editor of College Magazine
Hobbies: Reading Science Fiction, Writing, and Listening to Podcasts.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- What is your role at your current office?
- Why working there after studying at a good college like NIT?
- What is ICMR doing currently? What role is your institute playing in it?
- (Made a small technical error with a word here, ma’am asked about it. Apologized and clarified the term. Seemed satisfied)
- What does the result of the serosurvey indicate? Is it being doing nationally or just locally?
So, what must be done now?
- Are you playing a role in genome sequencing?
- Tell about your final year project. Asked me to clarify certain aspects.
- So, what is the impact of SO2 emissions generally?
- Can you tell me about Doha agreement between USA and Taliban?
- Are the Taliban following the terms agreed upon?
- So you like Science Fiction Writing? Do you write other kinds of fiction too?
- Do you like watching Science Fiction Movies as well?
- Who is your favourite author?
- What do you like about his stories? (I had mentioned Asimov) Any key concepts you liked?
- Will humanity be able to reach the level of Science Fiction?
- Tell me 2 moves of China in Indian Ocean Region and 2 Counter efforts by India.
- One more question that I cannot recall.
- (Seemed unimpressed by any answer I gave)
- Do you believe India is a blessing for the world? (This is from economic survey, but I talked about culture and history – the answer was the India is the pharmacy of the world)
- Asked about Medical Technologies – I started to answer about medical tourism, but he interrupted and said to talk about medical technologies. I apologized and he accepted.
- He mentioned that pharma industries are polluting. What can be done about them. Short discussion where I mentioned some points. He said ‘we are already doing those things’. I said politely that more can be done, sir.
- Then he said that in ITIs, there are few courses on chemical industry. What can be done about it.
- As a neutral observer, how would you say India has handled the COVID pandemic?
- Do you know about OFB, what can you tell me about it.
Is it a good move by government to corporatize them?
- Tell me about demographic dividend and demographic disaster.
- Where is India at present?
- So, why is there unemployment in India?
- I felt it was a good experience. One member was constantly making notes while others were observing keenly. One member was not impressed despite all I mentioned. Chairperson was very cordial. Good luck, everyone else. Do not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.