Date of Interview: 26 August
Board: Manoj Soni sir
Background: BTech in mechanical engineering
Home State: Kerala,
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Why were you named meera? Is it connected to Mirabai?
- Who was Mirabai?
- Why sociology? Have you tried internalising the discipline?
- Sociologically analyse the relevance of Mirabai
- Why was her reformative approach in caste and gender not sustained in the future?
- Why corona is spreading so much in Kerala- give 2 main reasons.
- What is happiness index?
- Is spirituality an important aspect of happiness? If so, how?
- Given a choice, between a totalitarian government with a very high economic development and democracy which one would you pick?
- It is said that a poor man can do any crime. What’s the point of democracy if people are not safe from crimes?
- Do you think China will have a revolution in the next 10-20 years?
- Has there been any pro-democratic movements in china?
- Why did you choose mechanical engineering? how was your experience?
- What are brownfield projects?
- What is the government trying to do in the monetisation plan?
- What do you mean by vision?
- How do you define yourselves with your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- How would you use your mechanical engineering knowledge to bring about mechanisation of agriculture in your district?
- Where will you source the money from?
- What is the recent IPCC report about? What is the rate of warming?
- How will it impact Kerala?
- Opinion on girls in NDA
- Sexual violence against prisoners of war
Is newspaper social media?
- Give 3 reasons to regulate social media and 3 reasons not to
- Do you think social media can really be controlled? If so, how?
- If given a chance would you change your name- pick a name from the 3 Yashoda, Rukmini, and Radha.
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts, visit this page
- For full Interview Preparation Guide: Click Here
- Current Affairs For UPSC Exam 2021: Click Here
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)