Board: TCA Anant Sir
Edu Background: B.Tech-Petroleum Engineering
Institute: Anna University
Home State: Tamil Nadu
Hobbies: Reading Self Help Books, Jogging
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Dinesh, so you are from Chennai and you did your graduation from Anna University, What is this ACT Campus in Anna University, where is it located?
- What is different between the 3 campuses in Anna University ( CEG, ACT, SAP )?
- So your hobby is reading Self-Help books. What kind of books do you read?
- Why Existential books? What are the last 2 books you read?
- Tell me about Man’s Search for Meaning.
- You were part of NSS in your college? What exactly did you do there?
- Do you feel that having a program where students are asked to participate in social and community works a year after college is good? What is your opinion?
- Can we have such programs on all Saturdays in college, where students can participate in community works?
- Government for the last 7-8 years has struggled to give a fillip to Biofuels. What do you think is the reason?
- How are we progressing in the Biofuel and Alternative fuel front?
- One of your hobbies is jogging. Have you ever participated in any marathons?
- Last few years, the frequency of floods in Chennai has increased. What do you think is the reason behind this?
- Is the Government of Tamil Nadu doing something to combat this problem?
- Recently there was an announcement by the Prime Minister on Independence day to increase the production of Hydrogen based fuels. Why do you think he made that a priority to make that announcement?
- What are Grey, Blue, and Green Hydrogen?
- What is the difference between Freebies and Welfare Schemes?
- Do you think Good Governance is enough for the ruling parties to do well in subsequent elections?
- What is your opinion on the freebies given by the government, especially in Tamil Nadu?
- Do you think that voting behaviour has changed in Tamil Nadu?
- Your Edu Background is intriguing me, let me ask you questions on Petroleum Engineering.
- What do you feel is lacking in the Indian Petroleum/ Crude oil sector that the capacity of it is hardly meeting 15 percent of domestic requirement?
- What measures do you suggest to improve the Safety of workers in refineries?
- How do you handle the problems of wastages from oil refineries?
- What 2 core skills do you think are needed for the ground level workers in the refineries?
Chairman: Thanks. Your interview is over. Have a Good Day.