Date of Interview: 31Aug,21 afternoon
Board: Smita Nagraj
Background: NIT KKR ECE
Home State: Haryana
Working in Income Tax, Intellectual property Research
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Looking at my daf and asked you are working in Income Tax?
- What is the most painful memory regarding working in Income Tax?
- How did you handle it?
- Did you use your muscle power or your Haryanvi was enough?
- You worked in mango IP, what was the nature of work, why it got closed?
- Have you worked for any big company?
- What is the director of that closed company doing now?
- Discussion on Afgan Pak axis, Pak must be happy as its stature has increased among world power on issue of Afghanistan. A long discussion over this.
- % of Taxpaying people is very low. What to do to increase that?
- What is our per capita Income?. Don’t you think when our PCI is low and Tax slabs are very high it would take many years to bring people in Tax net. Long discussion on that.
- Harappan sites in Haryana and what new has been discovered about rakhigarhi?
- What is the benefit of PAN and Aadhar link?
- India’s investment in Afghanistan, projects and what to do now?
- M2 continued discussion of M1 related to Tax. And long discussion thereon.
- Do income tax have a settlement commission.
- Question on DTC
- Who were armchair anthropologists?
- What are ethnocentricism and cultural relativism?
- Can you link ethnocentrism and patriarchy in India?
- Who challenged the notion of ethnocentricism and cultural evolutionist?
- Where did Malinowski work?
- Why he chose Trobriand and not Britain?
Few more ques on anthro which I can’t remember
- HUF and Hindu joint family-related discussion on Tax
- Some more ques on Tax
- Difference between mediation and arbitration
- What are one nation, one card, and associated problems? Was the migration during covid a reverse migration? how do you see it?
- Asked members whether they have any other ques Then said your interview is over you may leave.
- Then she stopped me and said I want to ask one ques. She wanted to cross-check about some questions. I clarified and then she said you can go.
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)