Board: Sathiyavathy Ma’am
Background: CA, B.Com,
Optional: Commerce & accountancy
Hobbies: flute, vipassana meditation, mentoring
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- why did you quit your job and what have you been doing since then?
- what is the specialty of the book you authored
- did you publish it commercially?
- how many people have read your book?
- tell me any two tax reforms indirect tax to increase collections
- you view on taxing agriculture
- you practice vipassana. how is it different from other forms of meditation
- have you attended that course? 7 days or 10 days of cutting off – how many days is it?
- if you are a dm and there are people in the district hungry and poor, will you still ask them to do vipassana?
- your views on the gst reform? has it been successful
- what was your role as member of woman empowerment committee? what suggestions did you give?
- should women enjoy political representation?
- so you play the flute. how well do you play it?
- have you ever performed in public?
- hari prasad Chaurasia Ji comes from which Gharana
- what do you know about ma Annapurna Devi (Hari prasad chaurasia jis teacher)? which instrument does she play? why is she particularly famous?
- what is the difference between flute and guitar or keyboard?
- what is meend? ( a flute technique) – can we do it in keyboard or guitar? (tried to lead me to the answer he wanted to hear)
- you do mentor? whom do you mentor?
- it portal has been facing glitches. what are the issues?
- was it right to hold up infosys?
- does general category have reservation? sc st obc etc have reservations so in a way can we say that general category candidates have a reservation too?
- you have secured a rank in ca. why not continue?
- are you aware about the challenges a civil servant faces?
- You have studied from distance learning. what are New education policy provisions regarding distance learning?
- have you heard of swayam or MOOCs?
- what is blended learning?
advice – smile 🙂 they’re cordial and patient listeners
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)