Date of Interview: 24th August
Board: Sathiyavathy Ma’am
Background: B.Tech, M.Tech – Aerospace engineering, IIT Bombay
Hobbies: Following indigenous defence project development, surfing defence forums online
M.Tech project: Elephant herd optimisation
Internships: CMU, USA – Robotics (autonomous navigation of MAVs); DRDO – Camera calibration, Appreciation letter for publishing research paper; ISRO – In orbit rendezvous of satellites
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- So you did M Tech too? (Told it was Dual degree)
- Tell me difference between Geo stationary and geo synchronous orbits
- What is LEO, polar orbit?
- Have you followed the problems regarding new Max aircrafts of Boeing?
- Is the aircraft grounded right now? What are the specific issues?
- What was your project in college?
- How can you use Elephant herd optimisation in aerospace?
- It’s not very related to core aerospace, whose idea was it?
Forgetting a couple of other questions
- So you follow indigenous defence projects, tell me 2 good and 2 bad projects
- Tell me where DRDO is good at and where it is bad, mention products if possible
- So Government wants to bring privatisation and reduce HAL, what are your views?
- What reforms do you propose in HAL?
- Private industry or HAL, what will you choose?
- Don’t you think coaching institutes reduce critical thinking ability of students?
- Tell me such institutes in Delhi? Who has largest capital?
- You took coaching for your interview? Which ones?
- With Taliban coming to power in Afghanistan, do you think India has lost its assets in Afghanistan?
- Do you think privatisation of space is good?
- Can there be cooperation between Indian and US companies?
- What are security concerns regarding private companies developing such critical technology?
- What are security issues regarding AI in defence?
- Tell me difference between LWE, terrorism, militancy and insurgency
- What will be your approach to deal with these?
- What are sleeper cells?
- Is it hard to catch such cells? Do they know their ultimate boss?
- What are the motivations for such sleeper cells?
- Do you think India can achieve $5 trillion goal given it is currently $2.8 trillion?
- Can schemes like Aatmanirbhar Bharat really help achieve such target?
Chairman: Thank you
Mam: Your interview is over. (Smiling) Thank you.
Around 35 minutes