Date of interview: 21/08/21
Board: Smita Nagraj Ma’am
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2020, visit this page
- Your Cadre
- Why so much violence in West Bengal(don’t tell about political violence)?
- Policing challenges in Bengal?
- How policing is different in Bengal from Bihar?
- How to deal with communal violence and Caste violence?
- Why no Peace committee in Caste-based violence?
- Will you take legal action in Communal violence cases?
- SDM Lathicharge- GOOD OR BAD?
- Do you think that our education system is based on giving degrees?
- How to improve employability?
- What is Nation-State?
- Appointment of SC judges, Models of appointment?
- What kind of federalism in appointment of judges in India?
- Is India a Federal state- Justify?
- Is NEP just reiterating what already have been done?
- Why is adult literacy needed?
- Should we have a national plan for this?
- Is it justified to educate adults under MNREGA?
- Conviction rate is very low in India, what reforms needed in entire CJS?
- Which vacancy should be filled first- IPS or Constables?
- Is it justified to keep a draconian law like Sedition in our democracy?
- Why China being aggressive towards India?
- Why Tawang is important for China?
- What should be our strategy to counter China?
- Why china claims South China Sea?
- Name of country has dispute in South China sea but not a member of UN.
- What is string of pearls?
- What are we doing to counter it?
- Why south china sea is important for the world?
- Why china did not accept World court’s judgment?
- Why china wants to alter world order?
- How can developing nations plan action to counter China?
- What is happening in Afghanistan?
- Has India lost strategic position in Afghanistan?
- Why India did not recognise Taliban?
- What security challenges India face from Afghanistan?
- What can we do?
- What is our current strategy in Afghanistan?
- Should we talk to Taliban? ( I said we should keep the option open given our traditional strategic sphere there. She asked to take a stand. I said Yes we can talk to them to protect our interests. I reiterated that there are multiple factions of Taliban who favour relationship with India, we can engage with them)
Thank You, Your Interview is over.
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)