Date of Interview: 19/04/2022, Morning first person to go
Board: Smita Nagraj Ma’am
Background: B.tech Mechanical
Home state: Jharkhand
Hobbies: Defence enthusiast, watching football
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- How long have you stayed in your hometown
- what are the 2 things you have seen that you would like to change
- are the people of your hometown politically empowered?
- (based on previous discussion) what is civil society?
- are they always on the right side of things?
- (based on previous answer) should we censor them?
- how to incorporate their suggestions?
- what were the headlines of today’s paper?
- what happened in Jehangirpuri?
- why are communal incidents rising these days
- (based on previous answer) how should we control social media?
- why would big global giants like twitter alter their algorithm for us
- what are the prominent democracies of this world
- what’s the difference between US and indian democracy
- don’t you think 2 party system is better?
- aren’t regional parties hurting us in progress?
- didn’t china grow faster than us because of lack of democracy?
- how much free speech should be restricted
- What is BRICS?
- (based on previous answer) why hasn’t it lived upto its hype?
- what are the recent developments
- what is the difference between a summon and a warrant
- whats the difference between custody and jail
- what is your opinion on private coaching
- where there any attempts to curtail coaching that you know of
- what do you know about telecommunication sector
- (wanted to know about a specific development in the sector which i couldn’t recall)
- who is ruling Afghanistan
- what is their history
- how is taliban of now different from 90s
- is the taliban brutal
- should we contact them
- what is the difference between public and private health sector
- why do you want to be an ias officer?
Chairperson: Your interview is over.
Experience: nothing from optional, graduation, hobbies, home state. They just had a constructive conversation and they knew what they were looking for
Mocks: helps a lot in practicing etiquettes and predicting some common questions