Date of Interview: 13 April forenoon
Board: M Sathyavathy Ma’am
Home State: Delhi
Background: DTU (ECE)
Hobbies: mandala art, writing and illustrating poetry
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
Experience on D-Day
I was the third to go in, and two things happened before the interview. First, because of the discussion at waiting table, i got worried that mam never smiles and is super serious. Secondly, the guy before me came out with an expression as if he died inside.
I entered with mixed emotions, wished all the members with a smile hidden behind two layers.
Madam asked me to sit, put the shield in my lap and take the mask down for verification. At this point I gave her a km long smile, she was forced to smile back at me, then asked me to put the mask back on.
- So there was a scandal related to your name, are you aware about it? – what happened – who was responsible – what is happening now?
- What do you mean by illustrating poetry?
- What are your service preference? (IFS)
- What is going around in our neighborhood?
- How should india tackle this china problem you mention?
- What can we do to promote our relationship, if you are let’s say our foreign secy?
(In the last discussion 2 other members were also giving their inputs)
(He had a big mask on and many of his words were inaudible)
- Have you ever been employed? – any internship?
- So you’re from meerut, some communal violence happened there, why did it happen?? (Had to ask him twice)
- Have you read recent world happiness report? – do you know where India stands?
- What are the specialised agencies of UN?
- There is a phrase in ur daf ‘igniting young minds’, which famous personality comes to your mind? – any other – go more ancient in history.
- What was philosophy of swami vivekananda?
- So why is Swami Vivekananda a youth icon, why does youth relate to him?
- Are you from meerut or just born there?
- Ok so you’re from Delhi, tell me what are the reasons of Delhi’s pollution within delhi?
- The recent change of having a separate bus lane, will it be a solution, or the odd and even, or they are just propoganda?
- What else can we do about pollution in Delhi?
- So you’re taking IFS, are you fluent in languages, what are the languages of UN?
- If you get IFS, which language would you be taking for language training?
- What have you been doing in the past 4-5 years?? (Ps -I graduated just 3 years back)
- Your college name Delhi technological University, so tell me what is technology?
- Some put technology in their names ,some engineering, is there any difference?
- So you were a bright science student, then an engineer, now you took philosophy in mains. How will philosophy help in public services?
- As an engineer tell me how has light bulb changed in many years?
- We drink cold drink, water from straw. Explain the physics behind it?
- Tell me Indian citizens, let me re-emphasise, citizens who got Nobel prize? – ok let me rephrase, you can also tell people of Indian origin – tell more – tell more- there was one related to peace- think more.
- What is the meaning of your name?
- You did internship at delhi metro, How many phases have been developed? (I said I’m not aware)
- Did you really did this internship or not? (I said no sir it was just an on paper one)
- Ok so many countries resort to terrorism and other indirect means of warfare. Should india also resort to them?
- What is hybrid warfare? – another example- give more example.
- So you’re interested in poetry, have you read ‘some Hindi poem’?? (I said no sir I don’t read much) – so what you are saying is please move away from poetry, don’t ask me questions here…(i said no sir I’m sorry I just don’t read as extensively as I’d like, you may ask me about my writing)
- Tell me what is embedded technology and it’s application in medical?
- Ok last question, you mentioned a term life’s purpose (in vivekananda discussion) so what is your life’s purpose??
Then madam smiled and nodded and interview was over. I wished all of them again and left