Date of Interview: 20 April Afternoon session
Board: RN Choubey Sir
Background: BE Mechanical
Hobbies: walking, yoga
Utility of mock – Experience of facing interview panel
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Introduce yourself.
- What did you eat.
- Internship experience
- Criteria to bifurcate states.
- Economic viability to bifurcate states
- If I do all wrong things in life and die in Kashi will I get Moksha.
- What is karma yoga, bhakti yoga, Gyan yoga
- What is Raja yoga
- Who was Paramhansa yogananda
- What did he do in west?
- What kind of Yogi was Mahatma Gandhi?
- What is the first shloka of Isha upanishad.
I have not written anything about spirituality or meditation in my DAF. Totally random stuff.
- Pollution in your city? How to curb it.
- 2.Why thermal power plant is not following guidelines
- Why pollution in mining areas?
- Role of parliamentary committees?
- Kind of committees?
- What is public account committee.
- Comparison with the US Senate and parliamentary committee of India.
- Why you go for walking (hobby).
- What is balance sheet.
- Profit and loss account of company
- Emission balance sheet of company?
- What is net zero?
- What steps should be taken to reach net zero.
- Do you watch Netflix? Any recent event related to it.
Don’t know why he asked about balance sheet and profit loss. No relation with DAF.
- What is automation?
- Will it affect employment
- Cross questions related to it.
- New mines are following regulations but the old mines are not following. What’s your take(Picked up from my answer to M2)
- Russia Ukraine war. Whether stand of India is good?
Chairman – Anything you want to tell us.
Board was very cordial.
My advice : Don’t get afraid from random questions but have some general understanding of major issues.
All the best.