Date of Interview: (19th April) 35 minutes
Board: M. Sathiyavathy Ma’am
Home state: Maharashtra
Hobbies: Trekking, NGO, Sqay Khawankay
Background: B.Tech Electrical
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- If we utilise Hydropower potential of Arunachal Pradesh alone then also we can meet energy demands of whole India, then why India is not following this strategy ?
- What are the environmental impacts of Hydro projects?
- Tell us about the NGO in which you worked.
- What was your contribution for the success of NGO ?
- What is this Sqay Khawankay in which you participated at state level championship?
- Why such indigenous games of India are not so popular ?
- What would you prefer gentleman – Beer or Wine ?
- Your B’day is on 15th August & it is a dry day. Then how will you celebrate your B’day ?
- What are advantages & Disadvantages of having B’day on 15th Aug ?
- In Mumbai, you need to pay ₹100 for alcohol permit if you want to consume alcohol. If we make you the BMC commissioner, would you abolish this permit ?
- BMC’s budget is 40,000 Cr., ₹100 fee will not make any huge revenue diffence, still you want to continue it ?
- If you were the BMC commissioner, how differently could you have handled the Mumbai Covid compared to Mr. Iqbal Chahal ?
- Tell us 3 Infrastructural bottlenecks of Mumbai and how can we address it.
- Why cooperative movement got success in Maharashtra in sugarcane sector only? Why not other sectors?
- Tell me the well known politician from Latur. Tell few more names.
- How is condition of water in Latur now ?
- Don’t you think we should ban sugarcane cultivation in Latur district so as to reduce water wastage?
- Deccan plateau is relatively stable region, then why Earthquake in Killari ?
- Why so many casualties ? If same magnitude earthquake in other countries there are very low casualties.
- What do you think about of EV? are they safe for environment ?
- I will create an scenario, Electricity used for EV comes from coal so pollution, that electricity passes through transmission losses & conversion losses, so overall impact on efficiency and pollution….(long monologue) Now would you like to change your stand of previous answer ? Few Follow up questions.
- If we increase the efficiency of IC engine of diesel vehicles so that they emit less pollutants, then would you like to chage your stand ? Few Follow up questions.
- You were chairperson of two college festivals, why your college had two festivals, why don’t you merge them.
- You were Cultural secretary in college, what were the major challenges & learnings from it ?
- Does Russia Ukraine crisis provide apt time for India to invest in Semiconductor sector ?
- Do you really think that India have capacity to be a semiconductor superpower ?
- What steps has GOI taken ? And how far are we from that goal ?
- So let’s accept that. But along with semiconductor production some environmental concern also arises. Do you think we can takle those concerns ?
- What is happening between China & Japan in East China Sea ?
- What is happening between China & other ASEAN countries in South China Sea?
- How can these countries curb China’s aggressive behaviour in that region ?
- Do you know strait of Malacca ? What is it’s significance ?
- India have very unique advantage when it comes to strait of Malacca, can you tell that ?
- What is India doing to maintain Free, Open & Inclusive Indo-pacifc ?
Chairperson- Your Interview is over. Thank you.
Not able to recollect few questions, board was very cordial, it was just like a candid discussion