Date of Interview: Forenoon 19/04/2022
Board: TCA Anant
Background: MNNIT, IIMA
Work experience: Microsoft
- To view all IAS Interview Transcripts 2021, visit this page
- Tell me about your role at Microsoft.
- What are the different types of cloud and what are the cloud offerings?
- Why is government pushing for keeping India’s data within the boundaries?
- If you were responsible what framework/model would you use – public hosted cloud or private players like Amazon, Microsoft, etc?
- Why do we need international Data Centres at all? Why can’t we have it all in India?
- What do you know about PVTGs in Andaman and Nicobar islands?
- Any government policy for them?
- What do you recommend – should we bring Tribals into mainstream India or keep it separate?
- How can you protect their culture and traditions?
- Name some PVTGs from mainland of India.
- You come from a Private school, what’s your opinion on the kind of fees they charge?
- RTE’s Mandate on reservation for economically disadvantaged in private school.
- What’s the classes this provision is applicable?
- Your optional is Management and you’re working in the Private sector. Can you compare the working conditions at Public and Private institutions?
- If you’re a DM what changes/learnings will you apply from Private sector to Public sector?
- What is your opinion on regulation of Crypto currency?
- What would you recommend to the government?
- Land, Labour and Law were the drivers in industry. Now there is Data as well. Can you tell me the importance of Data in Governance?
Member 4: (Director of IIT Delhi)
- Why is it that Private institutions are not doing well in India? What’s lacking and what needs to be done?
- a. Apart from crypto currency where can we use blockchain?
- b. How can we use it in healthcare?
- b. What are the properties/characteristic of blockchain?
- Due to Russia Ukraine war, there was large scale disruption of communication. Do you know any jugaad that Ukrainians did to maintain communication channels?
- Why is there such high attrition in Private sector?
- If you were posted in Rural India and you had to implement some schemes that requires specialised talent, say an engineer, or an MBA like yourself. How would you attract such talent?
- There are multiple schemes from government – DBT, E-Gov initiatives, rural development, employment opportunities, etc. However they are all online. People at lower strata of society are confused. If you were an administrator, what would you do to help people. Which model would you recommend for the same?
- What are the qualities of a good public speaker?
(This transcript has been posted by a community member of ForumIAS)